We are looking for a qualified, professional and highly motivated Translation Project Manager to permanently support our team in Kingston upon Thames, Surrey (UK).
Your German should be of habitual use and you should have a degree in translation studies or similar, 2nd foreign language English, good working knowledge of Windows, MS Office applications and standard translation tools.
You should have an understanding of translation and project management processes to succeed in this role as you will be responsible for the satisfaction of some of our most important customers.
- Managing projects, including creation of quotes, budget planning, scheduling of deadlines and assigning resources
- Independently coordinating translations by keeping in touch with clients, freelance translators and proofreaders
- Revising completed translations, attaching great importance to high quality and completeness
- Dealing with inquiries from customers on a daily basis
- Rate negotiation with suppliers
- Ensuring timely delivery of translations
- Analysis of current projects and strategic development of translation projects
- Reporting on non-conformances and analyses of actual root causes
- Implementing the appropriate corrective and preventive actions
- Reporting on the performance measurements and status of projects
- Providing the linguistic specialists with all the necessary information
- Communicating in a productive, proactive and customer friendly way with clients, fully understanding the clients’ process and meeting the clients’ service expectations.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Native or near-native command of German and English (written and spoken)
- Experience with standard translation tools and software expertise including file formatting
- Strong project management skills: planning and organisation talent, multitasking
- Commercial thinking
- Highly developed, unambiguous and customer friendly communication and negotiation skills (client relationship building)
- High level of accuracy, particularly in stressful situations
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Problem solving and initiating improvements on cost, quality, cycle time
- Adherence and strict use of internal procedures
- Proactive attitude
At least 5 years in project management
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU
- Permanent position based in our Kingston office
- Attractive salary (negotiable)
- An opportunity to grow and develop
- Work in a young, dynamic and international team in an interesting environment with international contacts
- Average weekly hours: 40.0
- Duration: permanent
- Available from: immediately
Applications can only be accepted from individuals who are eligible to work in the UK. Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us immediately. Should your skills and qualifications be suitable for the position applied for, we will contact you as soon as possible. In the event there are no positions currently available that match your skills and qualifications, we may hold your details on our database and contact you in the future should a suitable vacancy arise.
To apply for the role of Project Manager please contact us.